Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bear tracks...

Bear print close up.
Another close up bear print.

We woke up this morning to a wet and drizzly day. I went out to walk Zero and noticed one of the garden plants had been trampled and checked it out. Zero got very excited and started nosing all around. I called Clayton outside and after some investigation, it turns out that we had an early morning or late night bear visit. I did the best I could with the pictures, but its easier to see when you're in front of it here-- the rain has done some damaged to the prints. Above are the 2 prints going through our front garden.
These are the 2 plants in our side yard that got trampled. Hanging above them is a bird feeder for goldfinches. I figure the birdseed on the ground attracted the bear, but the goldfinch food wasn't what it was looking for, because it left the feeder untouched. It was hanging low enough for a bear to snatch if it wanted to.
Here's a print and some smashed strawberry plants. The patch had been growing nicely.


Upclose of the print-- not at all a good one.
You can also see where the grass got trampled by something pretty large. I don't know if it rolled around or what, but something smashed down the grass.



This is a really bad upclose version of one of the front yard prints. I couldn't get any of them to turn out that well.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home