Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

I had a spectacular Mother's Day weekend! I spent most of Saturday out of the house and on my own. Clayton had given me money to go out and buy some clothes (my body's been in a constant state of change since River was born). I stopped at a really cool crystal/spiritual shop called Inspirit Common and bought some really cool crystals. One's a new one I've never heard of before called, Tibetan Black. It looks like quartz points with a black chunk in the middle and, obviously, comes form Tibet. After that, I headed out to Salvation Army and the universe provided me with all kinds of clothes that fit me well and that I loved (hadn't had good luck in the past so much)! I got home around dinner time and we ordered out for Indian food, my favorite.

We awoke the next day later than usual as both kids had slept in (YEAH!!). We cleaned house a bit and then Clayton made a really nice breakfast of eggs and vegie sausage and cinnamon rolls. Summer kept giving me surprises and told me to close my eyes. She gave me a few of her stuffed animals, a my little pony, and a great nature picture she had created with leaves and flowers the night before. I also got a new mug from Clayt and the kids (for all of you out there that know of my mug obsession, it probably brings me to about 35-40 mugs. And I got rid of some before we moved!) After breakfast, I got another present-- a 90 minute massage at a spa around here! Yes, my husband and kids spoiled me rotten and the day just started!

We headed out to the butterfly house after that. It was AMAZING! The pictures and videos can't even describe how cool it was. There were literally thousands of butterflies all over the place. You walk into it and feel like you are in this magical secret garden of awesomeness. We had a great time, even with a bit of a grouchy daughter. River checked everything out and really liked it and Clayton, Summer and I all had butterfly close-encounters. After being there for over an hour we headed a little way back and stopped at another mineral/dinosaur place/shop. They had such amazing crystals and fossils and a whole dinosaur display out back. you could going panning for crystals or digging for them. It was really cool and we got Sue her gift there and I got to chose a REALLY nice quartz bunch to take home. We went out to a great Japanese and Chinese restuarant called the Teapot and had a late lunch. Then, we returned home and I finished the latest Harry Potter book I've been working on. Both kids were exhausted and went to bed on time and Clayton and I enjoyed some alone time and watched a movie.

So, it was a phenomenal weekend! Definitely the best Mother's day I've ever had! I hope all you mamma's out there had a wonderful time as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home