Saturday, March 10, 2007

River's first taste of food!

We decided Mr. boy was ready to taste some organic rice cereal the day after he spent an entire lunch grumping and yelling at me for not sharing any of my veggie corn dog or chips with him. He smacked at my hands and tried very hard to steal the food from them. I did my best to appease him by offering him small amounts of water from the water bottle. He took these willingly, but knew he had somehow gotten screwed and wanted a taste of "the real stuff."
He was just as willing as Summer had been to try food, but made some pretty awful looks while trying it! This was on Monday, I have given him a small amount every day and he seems to be understanding the process more and more with each day. He even got himself in trouble today, because little monster man decided it would be SO MUCH FUN to blow raspberries while eating. Needless to say, I was not impressed and he was interested in the new sound in my voice while I told him "NO!" and explained why that was unacceptable behavior. He thought it was completely acceptable and continued for another 3 bites before I decided it wasn't worth the effort and stopped feeding him. Something tells me this boy will be far more trouble than his sister ever was at this age and on-- until she learned how to talk. anyway! He's a mischievious one and what a temper! Learning how not to hit will be one of the first things on the list of things to teach him once he's understanding things better!





It's always good to have a little playing with toes times after some seriously hard work like learnin' how to eat! A favorite River pasttime, as well as eating them. He also has found himself-- Summer calls it a 'thingy.' I don't know if he's a bit young to be so involved with having a 'thingy,' but its the first thing he does every time you take off a diaper-- he finds it to be great fun and plays with himself whenever given the opportunity. Clayton and I have told him this is just the beginning for him in this favorite pasttime. But, I thought I'd document that he is perhaps one of the youngest men ever to find himself.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home