Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day Butterfly House

I chose to go to the butterfly house for Mother's Day again this year. We hadn't gone since last Mother's Day and I was looking forward to the magic of butterflies. Gabriel came to visit for the weekend and loved the butterfly house as well. Summer did great when one landed on her and decided they were neat creatures. River, on the other hand was less than impressed with them. He was most taken by the butterfly stamp on his hand and the little pheasants that were randomly running around. But, he survived the trip. We each had close encounters with butterflies, but I think I lucked out with the most-- they must have known it was Mother's Day. Afterward, we had ice cream and visited the crystal shop nearby where I got to choose a crystal. It was a wonderful day and our weekend visit with Gabriel was fabulous as always.

Gabriel's butterfly.
My favorite kind. They rarely land and usually when they do, they have their wings shut-- the other side of their wings are brown.
A little girl had 2 on her and we posed for a picture together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home